Cell Phone Games Built In At The Factory
Total duration of project: renewed repeatedly for approx. 4 years
- My company was one of the first companies in the world to make games for cell phones after "Snake"
- We were given a check and a mandate: "Create a game that looks like an arcade video game, and create a game based on words." That was the sum total of the instructions.
- We created original games Cavern Crawl and Mystic I Ching.
- First generation screens were 89 x 57 pixels, binary (no shades of grey)
- We created complex, compelling, fun games even under those limitations
- Our company also produced Tetris, Doodler, and Race 21 exclusively for Kyocera for numerous black & white and color versions over a number of years
- We produced international versions of games with different languages
- Games were built in at the factory for Kyocera phones, not downloaded
- Games had to be completely bullet-proof, close to mil-spec
- Games had to run in multi-threaded environment
- Games had to be developed to hard deadlines for marketing roll-out
- Results were sold to millions of people